Tuesday, 8 July 2008

Amsterdam Daze # 2

Rule # 2: Look where you are going! The ornamentation on the tops of buildings is endlessly fascinating, and it's easy to get into the habit of walking around with your head thrown back - a bad idea because of the cars but more frighteningly...the bicycles, which whiz by you at truly daunting speeds and whose riders clearly assume that you are aware of them. YIKES! I almost got run down several times.......



3 comments:

Kerry D said...

Hi there!
Love it. We (read: Meg) use blogspot as well on occasion. Glad to see your travels - most impressed by L & K's apartment door!
I'll keep checking your blog.
xoxo
Kerry and Meg

Lanaux said...

Aren't you up early, though! Keep checking: I went to our house in La Hulpe, where you visited, and will be uploading pics of that over the next few days! L

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Finally got it to work! Love all the pictures.. can't wait to see more...