The Palais Royale

The Konigsplein

The Parc de Bruxelles

The Grande Place (or Grote Markt in Flemish)

And of course, the Manneken Pis, which (who?) apparently is often dressed up in cute seasonal outfits. His cute seasonal outfit during my visit was his birthday suit, as befit the weather. He is really only mildly cute. But hey, he does draw a crowd! Everyone was having their photo taken with him, some mimicking his pis. Honest!

Here are a few views over the city from the area around the Konigsplein:


The area around the Grande Place is particularly delightful:

This is the Eglise St. Sablon, only...it is actually a trompe d'oeuil screen, as the church itself is being restored:

Another amazing screen, where the Magritte museum will eventually be located. I think he would approve!

Amazing storefront! I wonder if Mom ever shopped here....

I just liked this wild Amsterdam-ish building:

Kathleen, didn't you work in Brussels for awhile? Do you remember where? Comments, ladies and gent?
5 comments:
This blog is awesome! I loved the thread with all the memories.
We went to Brussels when we visited you. Of course, being 11 years old, the manneken pis was definitely the most memorable! I remember being absolutely stunned by this outdoor nakedness. How un-continental!
I'm enjoying the daylights out of being on your vacation with you.
These building fronts are some of my favorite photos yet.
Can't wait to see where we're going next!
Those trompe d'oeuil screens are too much!! Hey, didn't Gin and I have the Magritte room at Hotel de Filosoof?
Any pictures of the school that we wnet to?
Post a Comment